Little and Big List!
These are some of the details floating around in our hearts, & brains, & prayers. Please join us in prayer as you are led.
1. We purchased our plane tickets & are leaving town on Feb. 11th. We are so excited & we have so many crazy logistics to figure out & the time is going by so quickly!
2. We are still waiting to hear back from Mike’s employer!
3. We are actively pursuing folks to cover my position at the church while we are gone. We have some good leads, but nothing yet firm.
4. We are actively seeking both prayer & financial supporters.
5. We have officially begun to fundraise & could use your help brainstorming some creative ideas! We are grateful that Wes was hired on to work the tech crew for the entire Nutcracker season. We are still in need of around $20,000!
6. We have decided to rent our house & hope to store no more than what will fit in a 10 x 10 self-storage or what we can rent for $100.00 or less a month. (Wesley is currently researching best options for us if you have any good leads). We are selling a few things, but mostly going through our house room by room & giving about ½ of the contents away. We are finding many things easy to part with but some things waiting perhaps for a second “go through”. In general, this feels REALLY good.
[Just in case you are curious, our home is 2400 square feet. It has 4 bedrooms & an office (that we currently also use as a bedroom), 3 bathrooms, and a double car garage. We’ve been told it should rent for the $1300 to $1600 range.]
7. To get our house ready for a renter, we will need to finish up many projects we’ve already started. We also recently had a toilet explode & flood our poor house. We did end up filing an insurance claim and are excited to be able to hire professionals to come and do some of the work. It all seems to take so much time & at the moment, this feels like a big hurdle.
8. We have already rented our Volkswagen Bug, but would love to also rent our 2006 Scion Xb. Interested? Know someone who might be? We’d love to talk logistics.
9. We are super encouraged to have been pursued by our denomination to be “Covenanter’s inMission” a small group of folks being sent out with other sending organizations. We are excited that they will consider each member of our family a missionary vs. just the adults. We are also thrilled for the extra prayer support this will bring our way. The Ameya church has never formally gone through the process to become “officially” Covenant. We are praying that God would use our family to be bridge builders in building relationships between the two.
10. We want to give a lot of focus to improving our Spanish. Going to school as a whole family to see what we can do to eliminate our language barriers. We have already begun learning as a family & hope to attend school there for a minimum of our first 4 weeks in Nicaragua. There are many options for classes. We are praying to land in the right fit for our family of varied ages and stages. Spanish School will be one of our largest expenses. We would love to find a donor to specifically cover this expense for us.
11. We are in a busy season as a family, finding ourselves stretched pretty thin. Please pray for our continued unity as a family.
12. We are starting to find it difficult to be present when we are giving so much thought towards 2013. We would appreciate prayers for us as we focus on the day to day as well.
13. Mike’s folks will be celebrating their 50th Wedding Anniversary 12/23. We will be traveling to MN to attend their party. Please be praying for the logistics around this & for the weather we will be driving through.
14. We have met with both of our kids schools, & are coming up with a good plan for the kids schooling – prayers for continued discernment would be great!